Discover some of England’s oldest secrets and prettiest hidden treasures. Travelling in a group of eight or fewer, with a knowledgeable guide in a spacious and comfortable tour vehicle, get beneath the surface and discover the real, authentic England that most visitors never see. A land of cottages and castles, ancient structures and beguiling stories. Come and experience England with us.
Pre-book your tour on aroundandaboutbath.com and save 10%.
Enter the promotional code “stayinbath” when you checkout to save 10% on your booking.
Show your Bath Reward Card to receive this offer or reward. If you book with any accommodation provider listed on StayinBath.org you will receive a Bath Reward Card free when you stay. Bath Building Society members can also receive a free Bath Reward Card, please ask in any branch for details
Our Stonehenge and Secret Somerset tour combines a visit to one of the most iconic ancient structures in the world with a journey into ‘secret Somerset’, to discover stunning vistas, sleepy villages and beguiling stories. The price includes entrance to Stonehenge, morning coffee, lunch*, afternoon tea and cake and a day with an entertaining and knowledgeable guide.
*Lunch is comprised of one main course from an extensive menu. Additional purchases such as drinks can be purchased separately.
We endeavour to collect all guests from their accommodation (free of charge). However this is not always possible for some accommodation located in pedestrianised areas on on the western (Bristol) side of Bath.
If collection is not possible, the pick-up and drop-off point is the bus stop opposite the Abbey Hotel on Terrace Walk in central Bath.
Please be at the pick-up point by 8.45am as tours depart at 9.00am. Please note that due to scheduling issues we are unable to wait for late arrivals.
Tours typically return to Bath between 5.00pm and 5.30pm.
We run exclusive tours for discerning travellers wishing to explore authentic England and seeking to experience the land that inspired greats such as Austen, Hardy and Constable.
For us, it’s not just about sightseeing; it’s about the culinary experiences, the history and the characters, the visits to the small, hidden places only the locals know, and the stories and conversations that make every visit unique.
We want you to be surprised and delighted by the places we visit together, so we won’t tell you exactly where we’ll be going – the surprise is part of the magic – but we can guarantee that experience of quintessential England you’ve always wanted.
– We’ll travel in a small group of eight or fewer travellers in a comfortable, air-conditioned vehicle.
– We’ll enjoy coffee at a unique and stunning location on the way to Stonehenge.
– We’ll skip the ticket queues and the audio-guides that most visitors to Stonehenge encounter, and enjoy a personal, interactive tour of the stones.
– We’ll escape the crowds and delve deep into ‘Secret Somerset’, a land of stunning countryside, hidden villages and quaint cottages.
– We’ll enjoy lunch at a carefully selected award-winning traditional English Inn that oozes character and serves superb locally-sourced fare. We can also sample local beverages such as locally made and world renowned Somerset cider.
– After lunch we’ll explore some stunning villages – places few other tourists will ever see or even hear about. We’ll admire archetypal English cottages and hear some of the unique stories that make these places special, enjoying countryside that has inspired writers such as Hardy and Austen and artists such as Turner and Constable.
– We’ll finish the afternoon with traditional English tea and cake in a very special location.
Introductory Price £85 per person (Usual Price £99)
– Morning coffee
– Entrance to Stonehenge (typical adult price £18.50 with audio guide)
– Afternoon tea and cake
– Personal, guided tour around Stonehenge
– Complimentary water
– Enthusiastic, highly educated and knowledgeable professional guide
– 9-seat vehicle with wide, comfortable seats, air-conditioning and large, tinted windows.
– A unique experience of quintessential England