Twilight Talk: Charlotte, the Blue Stocking Queen at the Fashion Museum
Bath Fashion Museum
Twilight Talk: Charlotte, the Blue Stocking Queen at the Fashion Museum.
Hear Polly Putnam, Curator at Historic Royal Palaces, discuss Queen Charlotte (1744-1818), her life and her dress
The Fashion Museum Bath holds a world-class collection of contemporary and historic dress.
The Museum of Costume was opened in the Assembly Rooms on 23 May 1963. It was founded by Doris Langley Moore, a designer, collector, writer and scholar, who gave her famous private collection of costume to the city of Bath.
The Museum of Costume changed its name to the Fashion Museum in summer 2007. The Fashion Museum is owned by Bath and North East Somerset Council and is managed by the Heritage Services section. It is housed in the Assembly Rooms building, which is owned by the National Trust.
We welcome about 100,000 visitors to the museum each year. Our visitors are a mix of tourists, fashion specialists, students and locals.
6.15pm to 7.15pm. Tickets cost £10 adult / £8 student including a glass of wine.
See more Bath events here.